Saturday, February 11, 2006

I Am Enough By TiffanyYou cannot change what is a part of
you,"Although I've often tried.My body was never thin enough,my imperfections I'd always hide.
I smiled when they said I was beautiful,I laughed when they said I was great.But it took a long time to believe in their words,I figured loneliness was my fate.
The boys I wanted didn't want me,I was tossed, used and torn.So many took me as a joke,I crawled inside myself - scared and forlorn.
My self-esteem had let me down,my belief in myself was nil.I did not understand where I was headed,Could not understand until....
I finally decided to believe in me,I realized that I was worth so much.This was when I could see through the storm,when I allowed my soul to be touched.
I sometimes wish for money and love,when times get distressing and tough.But I know that I will always love myself,no matter what-I AM ENOUGH!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Striking poetry, Tiffany Love! You are a very special woman.