Monday, February 18, 2008

The One That Got A Way!


Are the fish biting today? I guess we will see .The sun is just rising. Is it meant to be? With my pole in my hand,I head for the shore. I don't need a tackle box, Just worms, nothing more. I find a nice rock, 'Ah, this one will do. 'It's just the right size. I kick off my shoes. The worms are a wriggling, The water is just right I cast out my line And get ready to fight. I sit and wait patiently. The sun is so warm. I should get a bite. Uh - Oh. here comes a storm. I reel in my line And head up the hill, Then pray to the GodsOne wish to fulfill. Let it be quick. Don't stay here too long. I want to go fishing. This storm should be gone. A few cracks of thunder And some lightning, too, Some big drops of rain To make everything new. Then like two young lovers The clouds they did part I grabbed all my gear And playing it smart, I put on my jacket And a nice wide brimmed hat Then on my rock by the shoreI once again sat. I donned a new worm And cast out my line. It was still kinda sprinklin' But that was just fine. With a zing and a whir My pole came alive. A fish I had caught And, oh, he had drive. He swam and he swam, But I wouldn't give up. I would land this fish And have him for sup. Then like a gunshot My line it did break. My heart turned to mush Right there on the lake. The one that got away? Him, I'll never forget. For maybe next time, I'll remember my net.

0 comments: