Sunday, August 20, 2006

Learning Patience

Wait on the Lord:
be of good courage,
and he shall stengthen thine heart:
wait I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14


The idea of patience is not a popular one to day. We are expected to be aggressive, to go out and get what we want when we want it. Those who wait patiently for the Lord to supply their needs are generally subject to ridicule.
The same is true in marriage. When we demand something from our spouse that he or she cannot deliver immediately, our first reaction is to turn away, to not be patient. If the disappointments and the turning away becomes habitual, our marriage is in deep trouble. Notice that the verse above does not say we will always get what we want. Instead, it promises that our hearts will be stengthened. We will learn to be patient we will learn how to love even when we do not receive what we think we want.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As the unwise man said: "Lord. give me patiemce. I want it NOW!"

Merle said...

Hi again Tiffany Glad to see you posting. I love a lot of things that
I have read on your blog. I agree with
Nick I want patience now Lord. It is good to learn it though. We cannot change anyone but ourselves, so we have to work on ourselves. Good luck
in your future, Merle.

Anonymous said...

Great post, & I heartily agree! Someone once said, "God gives the very best to those who leave the choices up to Him," & I confess, there have been many times when I felt God wasn't answering my prayer, but I discovered down the line that while He didn't give me what I wanted, He gave me just what I needed & what He knew would make me happiest in the end.

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Jam.1:4

Keep drawing your strength from God's Word, Tiffany. He's gonna work things out for you completely, because He knows your every need, sees that you are trusting Him for it.

chica40208 said...

thank you all for takeing time to read my blog!